1-20 of 149 items   « Prev | Next »


‘Deadpool 2’ Production Kicks Off, Ryan Reynolds Shares First Photo From Set

2 hours ago | Variety - Film News | See recent Variety - Film News news »

Ryan Reynolds announced the first day of production for “Deadpool 2” with a photo on his Instagram account.

“The sun sets on day 1. Feels good to be back. This dog can hunt,” Reynolds said.

Reynolds will return in the sequel as the foul-mouthed superhero with Josh Brolin signed on as Cable. »


- Dave McNary

Permalink | Report a problem


Lizzy Caplan, Rick Okon board Sky’s $28m ‘Das Boot’ Sequel (Exclusive)

2 hours ago | Variety - Film News | See recent Variety - Film News news »

Rick Okon (“Tatort”) will captain the U-612 U-boat in the upcoming “Das Boot” series, with Lizzy Caplan (“Masters of Sex”), and August Wittgenstein (“The Crown”) also cast in the €25 million drama.

A 104-day shoot for the high-end series starts at end-August and will take in La Rochelle, Prague, Malta and Munich. Billed as a sequel to the 1981 film and Lothar-Günther Buchheim novel, the show will go out on Sky’s pay TV channels in Germany, Italy, and the U.K.

Other cast members include Vicky Krieps (“Colonia Dignidad”), Jonathan Zaccaϊ (“Robin Hood”), Leonard Scheicher (“Finsterworld”), Robert Stadlober (“Summer Storm”), Franz Dinda (“The Cloud”), and Stefan Konarske (“The Young Karl Marx”). German filmmaker Andreas Prochaska (“The Dark Valley”) will direct the eight-part series, which launches on Sky next fall.

Sonar Entertainment, Sky, and Bavaria Fernsehproduktion are making the series. Moritz Polter and Oliver Vogel, are the executive producers for Bavaria Fernsehproduktion, and »


- Stewart Clarke

Permalink | Report a problem


AMC Renews ‘Better Call Saul’ for Season 4

2 hours ago | Variety - TV News | See recent Variety - TV News news »

AMC has renewed “Better Call Saul” for a fourth season.

Exec produced by Vince Gilligan and Peter Gould, “Better Call Saul” stars Bob Odenkirk as Jimmy McGill, the lawyer character introduced to viewers as Saul Goodman on the Gilligan-created “Breaking Bad.” The series is the third most watched scripted cable drama so far this year among viewers 25-54, averaging 1.98 million such viewers in Nielsen live-plus-three numbers.

“Supporting artists we respect and admire; delivering truly outstanding character development and nuanced dramatic twists and turns; continuing a legacy of bold creative choices; loving writing that is the best in the business: Truly, ‘S’all good, man’” said Charlie Collier, president of AMC, SundanceTV and AMC Studios. “Congratulations to Vince, Peter, Bob and everyone involved with ‘Better Call Saul.’ Bring on season four!”

Better Call Saul” was nominated for seven Primetime Emmy Awards in 2016, including outstanding drama series and outstanding actor in a drama series for Odenkirk.

The »


- Daniel Holloway

Permalink | Report a problem


Damon Lindelof Promises Justin Theroux Will Get Naked if ‘The Leftovers’ Gets Emmy Nominations

5 hours ago | The Wrap | See recent The Wrap news »

Damon Lindelof, one of the creators of HBO’s “The Leftovers,” will do anything to get an Emmy nomination. He’ll have star Justin Theroux do anything, at least.

In a series of Instagram posts Monday night, Lindelof took a fresh approach in convincing Emmy voters to nominate “The Leftovers.” “Nominate Theroux and the sweatpants go away,” the “Lost” co-creator wrote above a sweaty, shirtless Theroux.

The “For your consideration” period this year has had a few unconventional ploys to lure Emmy voters — like real-life handmaids from Hulu walking. »


- Ashley Boucher

Permalink | Report a problem


Alec Baldwin Says He’ll Return to ‘SNL’ as Trump Next Season

4 hours ago | The Wrap | See recent The Wrap news »

Alec Baldwin said in an interview with CNN Tuesday that he will indeed return to “Saturday Night Live” next season for another round of Donald Trump impersonations. “Yea, we’re going to fit that in. I think people have enjoyed it,” said Baldwin, who was in New York City on Monday to promote is new movie “Blind.” Baldwin’s take on the 45th President of the United States was only meant to last for the duration of the presidential election, but after Trump’s victory, Baldwin stuck around for more cold open sketches during the president’s first 100 days. Baldwin »


- Jeremy Fuster

Permalink | Report a problem


Kevin Bacon says the 'Tremors' reboot is heading to SyFy channel

26 June 2017 5:14 AM, PDT | ScreenDaily | See recent ScreenDaily news »

Kevin Bacon has revealed that the Tremors reboot which he is developing with Oscar-nominated Whiplash producer Jason Blum is set to be made with broadcaster SyFy (formerly the Sci-Fi Channel).

“We are going to do a pilot for Syfy,” the Footloose and Diner star told Screen while at the Edinburgh International Film Festival, where he was attending a screening of Story Of A Girl, in which he co-stars.

Bacon originally approached Blumhouse CEO Jason Blum, whose horror credits include Paranormal Activity and Insidious, with the idea of reviving cult comedy-horror Tremors as a feature film, but the project is now being developed as an eight-episode TV series, which Bacon will star in and produce.

He will again be playing Valentine McKee, the Nevada handyman who tussles with gigantic man-eating sandworms. »


- geoffrey@macnab.demon.co.uk (Geoffrey Macnab)

Permalink | Report a problem


‘Conjuring 3’ in the Works With David Leslie Johnson Attached to Write Script

26 June 2017 1:17 PM, PDT | Variety - Film News | See recent Variety - Film News news »

The “Conjuring” universe continues to expand.

New Line is moving forward on its third iteration of the “Conjuring” franchise with “The Conjuring 3.” David Leslie Johnson is on board to script. James Wan will serve as producer through his Atomic Monster production company with Peter Safran.

The logline for “The Conjuring 3” is under wraps. As with the first two “Conjuring” films, which starred Patrick Wilson and Vera Farmiga as paranormal researchers Lorraine and Ed Warren, the story will be taken from the Warrens’ case files.

Johnson wrote “The Conjuring 2,” which went on to gross $320 million worldwide. The news comes two weeks after New Line launched development on “The Crooked Man,” based on the malevolent character in “The Conjuring 2” in the the fourth film spinoff from Wan’s 2013 hit “The Conjuring.” The others are “Annabelle,” “Annabelle: Creation” and “The Nun.”

The two “Conjuring” films and 2014’s “Annabelle” have combined to gross $897 million in box office worldwide. “Annabelle: Creation »


- Dave McNary

Permalink | Report a problem


Sissy Spacek to Make Return to Stephen King Multiverse in ‘Castle Rock’

23 hours ago | The Wrap | See recent The Wrap news »

Sissy Spacek is making her return to the Stephen King multiverse in the upcoming Hulu series “Castle Rock.” In “Castle Rock” she will play Ruth Deaver, the estranged adoptive mother of Henry (Andre Holland). Henry is the series lead — a retired professor with fading memories and a complicated history about the town. One of Spacek’s best known roles is thanks to a King work. She starred in the 1976 adaptation of “Carrie,” in which she played the titular, telekinetic high schooler. She was nominated for an Academy Award for her performance. Also Read: 'Moonlight' Star André Holland Cast as Lead Stephen King. »


- Carli Velocci

Permalink | Report a problem


Trump Has Fake Time Magazine Covers Displayed in His Golf Clubs

13 minutes ago | The Wrap | See recent The Wrap news »

Fake news? How about fake magazine covers. President Donald Trump, who regularly blasts major news outlets like CNN as “fake news,” has been caught in a fake controversy of his own. On Tuesday, the Washington Post uncovered that the Trump Organization’s golf clubs in America and Europe have been displaying a fake Time magazine cover featuring the president. Also Read: Trump Mocked for Wearing His Watch Too Tight The phony cover depicts Trump with the headline: “Donald Trump: The ‘Apprentice’ is a television smash!” A spokesperson for Time confirmed to the news outlet that the March 1, 2009 cover is a phony. »


- Nigel M. Smith

Permalink | Report a problem


Editors debate Hank Azaria’s Emmy chances for ‘Brockmire’: ‘He’s getting in’ [Watch]

20 minutes ago | Gold Derby | See recent Gold Derby news »

“You can all mark it: he’s getting in the six,” Gold Derby editor Chris Beachum insists about Hank Azaria. He stars in the new IFC series “Brockmire,” and Beachum thinks he’s a shoo-in for an Emmy nomination for Best Comedy Actor. Do you agree? Watch Beachum discuss the race above with Marcus James Dixon and […] »


- Daniel Montgomery

Permalink | Report a problem


Deputy White House Press Secretary Chewed Out by Reporter: ‘You’re Inflaming Everybody’ (Video)

22 minutes ago | The Wrap | See recent The Wrap news »

Sarah Huckabee Sanders, who filled in for Sean Spicer during Tuesday’s White House press briefing, was chewed out by White House reporter Brian Karem for “inflaming everybody” over a recent retracted CNN story about ties between the Trump administration and Russia. After a long-winded answer in which the deputy press secretary went off on CNN and the media for what she called a “constant barrage of fake news directed at this president,” reporter Karem, who wasn’t having it, interrupted her for a little light reading of the riot act. (Watch him start in at the 3:29 mark in the video above). “Come on! »


- Itay Hod

Permalink | Report a problem


Bill Cosby Calls Reports of Sexual Assault ‘Town Halls’ False ‘Propaganda’

25 minutes ago | Variety - TV News | See recent Variety - TV News news »

Bill Cosby has ruled out holding a series of “town halls” to discuss sexual assault, an idea first floated by his publicists last week.

“The current propaganda that I am going to conduct a sexual assault tour is false,” Cosby said in a statement, issued by spokesman Andrew Wyatt. “Any further information about public plans will be given at the appropriate time.”

A Pennsylvania jury failed to reach a verdict earlier this month on charges that Cosby drugged and sexually assaulted Andrea Constand in 2004. The district attorney has announced he intends to retry the 79-year-old comedian.

Cosby’s publicists took the outcome of the trial as a victory. Wyatt and a colleague, Ebonee Benson, went on Wbrc, a local Fox affiliate in Birmingham, Alabama, to discuss Cosby’s plans for the future. They indicated that Cosby would share lessons on how to avoid being falsely accused of sexual misconduct.

“We’re now planning town halls and we »


- Gene Maddaus

Permalink | Report a problem


George Lucas Strikes Back at Autograph Hounds: ‘Get a Job’

26 minutes ago | The Wrap | See recent The Wrap news »

If you make George Lucas mad, he may not block you on Twitter, but he will tell you to get a job, as a few hapless autograph seekers recently discovered. TMZ shot footage of the “Star Wars” creator snapping back at autograph seekers in Beverly Hills on Monday night. Lucas is seen writing his signature to fans’ posters as a large bodyguard stands watch. At first, the scene looks relatively peaceful. Someone behind the camera asks for Lucas’ opinion on various issues — director Ron Howard taking over the Han Solo movie, and an impending L.A. City Council vote on »


- Ashley Eady

Permalink | Report a problem


YouTube Now Pulls in a Massive 1.5 Billion Monthly Viewers

28 minutes ago | The Wrap | See recent The Wrap news »

YouTube shared a mind-blowing number at this year’s VidCon conference in Anaheim, CA. — the video streaming giant now rakes in 1.5 billion logged-in viewers each month. That’s nearly half of the world’s 3.5 billion internet users on its platform, or about 20 percent of Earth’s entire population. And the number of YouTube viewers is surely even higher than that, as it doesn’t include the millions of people watching videos without logging in to their accounts. The figure was shared by YouTube CEO Susan Wojcicki during her VidCon keynote address, where she highlighted several impressive milestones for the company. »


- Sean Burch

Permalink | Report a problem


New ‘X-Files’ Writers Room Is 100 Percent Male So Far

29 minutes ago | The Wrap | See recent The Wrap news »

Chris Carter has assembled a new writers’ room for the next season of “The X-Files,” TheWrap has confirmed. In addition to bringing back series veterans Darin Morgan, Glen Morgan, and James Wong, Carter has also added former series assistants Gabe Rotter, Benjamin Van Allen and Brad Follmer to Season 11. The internet quickly noticed that Carter had once again assembled an all-male group of writers to tell the next installment in the story of supernatural-chasing FBI agents Mulder (David Duchovny) and Scully (Gillian Anderson). Read More See Gillian Anderson's latest Power Move. PowerRank: 3505 »


- Linda Ge

Permalink | Report a problem


Meet Brian J. Karem, the Reporter Who Just Scolded Sarah Huckabee Sanders

35 minutes ago | The Wrap | See recent The Wrap news »

Brian J. Karem suddenly became one of America’s most divisive journalists Tuesday when he interrupted Deputy White House Press Secretary Sarah Huckabee Sanders by accusing her of “inflaming” feelings against the news media. Sanders was chiding the news media for using anonymous sources and criticizing a retracted CNN story that led to the resignation of three CNN staffers on Tuesday when Karem decided he’d had enough. “You’re inflaming everybody, right here, right now with those words,” he said at the White House press briefing. “Any one of us are replaceable, and any one of us, if we don’t get it. »


- Tim Molloy

Permalink | Report a problem


Miranda Kerr Returns $8 Million in Jewelry Tied to Malaysian Money Laundering Scheme

40 minutes ago | The Wrap | See recent The Wrap news »

Model Miranda Kerr has returned $8 million worth of jewelry that she received as gifts bought with money tied to a Malaysian financial scheme. According to Reuters, Kerr received the jewelry in 2014 from Malaysian financier Jho Low, who allegedly purchased the items using money misappropriated from the 1Malaysia Development Berhad economic development fund. Among the items were an inscribed heart-shaped diamond necklace worth $1.8 million, a pink diamond pendant worth $4.8 million, matching earrings, a bracelet and a ring worth an estimated $2 million. Also Read: Leonardo DiCaprio Turns Over Picasso Painting, Brando Oscar to Justice Department “The transfer of the jewelry gifts from Ms. »


- Reid Nakamura

Permalink | Report a problem


Lavar Ball and Sons Take Over WWE’s ‘Monday Night Raw’ (Video)

43 minutes ago | The Wrap | See recent The Wrap news »

Lonzo Ball will soon be calling the Staples Center home when the Los Angeles Lakers’ first-round draft pick plays for the team next season, but on Monday he took over the stadium for very different reasons. The newest NBA recruit was joined by his loud-mouthed dad, Lavar, and younger brother, Lamelo Ball, for WWE’s “Monday Night Raw” — and the family certainly made an impact in their pro wrestling debut. The trio joined The Miz for a very memorable edition of his WWE “must-see” talk show, but not as usually happens with the Balls, not everything went according to script. »


- Debbie Emery

Permalink | Report a problem


‘Silicon Valley’ Star Thomas Middleditch Says Tj Miller’s Exit Won’t ‘Switch the Show’

45 minutes ago | The Wrap | See recent The Wrap news »

T.J. Miller’s final “Silicon Valley” episode aired on Sunday, but co-star Thomas Middleditch told TheWrap in an interview conducted before the finale aired that he doesn’t expect this to change the show in a major way. The HBO comedy wrapped up its fourth season with Richard Hendricks (Middleditch) learning that entrepreneur Erlich Bachman (Miller) was stranded in Tibet. Miller, who announced in May that he is not returning to show, previously told TheWrap that reading the Season 4 finale was “an a-ha moment” that made him realize the timing was right to walk away. Although the Pied Piper guys »


- Ryan Gajewski

Permalink | Report a problem


‘Better Call Saul’ gets season 4 renewal as Emmys consider season 3

46 minutes ago | Gold Derby | See recent Gold Derby news »

Better Call Saul” will be back for a fourth season next year. AMC confirmed on Tuesday (June 27) that it was renewing this critically acclaimed prequel to “Breaking Bad” just eight days after it finished its third season run of 10 episodes. In this ratings hit, Bob Odenkirk reprises his role of a crooked lawyer […] »


- Paul Sheehan

Permalink | Report a problem


1-20 of 149 items   « Prev | Next »

  « Prev | Next »

IMDb.com, Inc. takes no responsibility for the content or accuracy of the above news articles, Tweets, or blog posts. This content is published for the entertainment of our users only. The news articles, Tweets, and blog posts do not represent IMDb's opinions nor can we guarantee that the reporting therein is completely factual. Please visit the source responsible for the item in question to report any concerns you may have regarding content or accuracy.

See our NewsDesk partners