What originally was a New York Times best-selling novel turned into a 1995 film, and now a television series.
Epix’s new scripted mobster comedy series “Get Shorty” premiered its first episode at the Los Angeles Pacific Design Center on Thursday night.
The dark adventure comedy follows former mobster Miles Daly (Chris O’Dowd), who has dreams of becoming a Hollywood movie producer. As Daly makes attempts at living a normal life away from the crime ring, he ends up carrying that baggage with him.
“A lot of the stuff he goes through is quite understandable,” O’Dowd added. “He’s going through relationship problems and trying to win his daughter back, trying to improve his job.”
Creator and writer Davey Holmes told Variety about his vision for the TV adaption of Elmore Leonard’s classic novel. “We wanted to ground it, have the ability to slow it more down at times and to play some serious drama »
- Dixie Limbachia
Similar News ItemsRay Romano (I)
- Ray Romano Hilariously Attempts to Get His 24-Year-Old Single Son a Date on Jimmy Kimmel Live (From PEOPLE.com. 15 August 2017, 2:55 PM, PDT)
- Ray Romano Turns To Jimmy Kimmel To Get His Son A Girlfriend: ‘My Wife Wants Grandchildren’ (From ET Canada. 15 August 2017, 12:09 PM, PDT)
- Grey's Anatomy Vet Patrick Dempsey to Make TV Return in Epix Drama The Truth About the Harry Quebert Affair (From TVLine.com. 15 August 2017, 10:35 AM, PDT)
- 8 Times Steven Soderbergh Broke the Rules of Filmmaking and Invented New Ones (From Indiewire. 16 August 2017, 8:40 AM, PDT)
- Get Shorty (From TVSeriesFinale. 14 August 2017, 12:00 AM, PDT)
- ‘Rick and Morty’ Review: ‘Guardians of the Galaxy’ Gets a Deadly Twist in ‘Vindicators 3: The Return of Worldender’ (From Indiewire. 13 August 2017, 10:27 PM, PDT)
Get Shorty (1995)
- MGM TV's 'The Truth About The Harry Quebert Affair' starts production (From ScreenDaily. 15 August 2017, 11:03 AM, PDT)
- Epix Orders Murder Thriller ‘Harry Quebert Affair’ Starring Patrick Dempsey, Damon Wayans Jr. (From Variety - TV News. 15 August 2017, 10:01 AM, PDT)
- Chili Palmer Exists In Epix’s ‘Get Shorty’ TV Show [Interview] (From Slash Film. 14 August 2017, 5:00 PM, PDT)