“The Mummy” is closing in on $300 million worldwide after leading the international box office for the second consecutive weekend.
The Tom Cruise vehicle had a disappointing $32.2 million opening weekend in North America and a steep drop-off during week two. But overseas, it’s on track to earn $53 million in 68 territories this weekend, which would raise its international total to $239 million.
Universal and Illumination’s “Despicable Me 3” brought in $10 million abroad, ahead of its U.S. release. The animated movie opened in Australia, Malaysia, Philippines, Singapore, and Thailand to tie in with local school holidays.
For Disney, “Cars 3” opened to $21.3 million in a handful of markets, including Russia and Mexico. Next weekend the movie will open Australia and New Zealand as part of its gradual global rollout.
The same studio’s “Pirates of the Caribbean: Dead Men Tell No Tales” crossed »
- Seth Kelley
Similar News ItemsWarner Bros. [us]
- Ben Affleck Promises a “Heroic” Batman in ‘Justice League’ (From TVovermind.com. 16 August 2017, 4:00 AM, PDT)
- Warner Bros. Launch ‘It’ Vr Experience Online (From The Hollywood News. 15 August 2017, 11:30 PM, PDT)
- ‘Bachelor in Paradise’ Fans Doubt Cast Reaction to Scandal: Did They Read ‘ABC Isn’t Liable’ Cue Cards? (From The Wrap. 15 August 2017, 10:49 PM, PDT)
- Ryan Reynolds talks taking on a new action role in The Hitman’s Bodyguard (From Cineplex. 16 August 2017, 8:00 AM, PDT)
- Shooting On ‘Mission: Impossible 6’ Could Be Delayed By Four Months (From The Hollywood News. 15 August 2017, 11:00 PM, PDT)
- Hawkeye Will Be Sporting A Sweet New Do In Avengers: Infinity War (From We Got This Covered. 15 August 2017, 3:06 PM, PDT)
DC Comics [us]
- "Wonder Woman: Heart Of The Amazon" (From SneakPeek. 16 August 2017, 5:48 AM, PDT)
- "Justice League: Legacy" (From SneakPeek. 16 August 2017, 5:43 AM, PDT)
- "Batwoman" - 'Commander Kane' (From SneakPeek. 16 August 2017, 5:07 AM, PDT)